SPS Dental Academy is Seeking a Full-Time Lead Faculty Instructor for our Dental Assisting Program.
- The faculty member is the primary instructor and educator for didactic and clinical instruction.
- Responsible for presenting lectures, classroom activities, homework assignments, quizzes, exams and grading. Works closely with the curriculum committee and program director and provides support to the personnel as assigned.
- Responsible for coordinating externships with partnering practices and clinics. Responsible for tutoring outside class time for struggling students as needed.
- Provides support to Supervising Dentist as needed.
- Responsible for oversight of Michigan Dental Association radiography online learning and provides clinical instruction using x-ray equipment.
- Responsible for identifying areas of improvement based on student feedback and utilizing metrics such as quizzes, tests, homework assignments, etc. and shares academic outcomes with the curriculum committee for analysis.
Educational requirements: Bachelors of Science in a dental professional program preferred; formal dental assistant training either through a proprietary school or Registered Dental Assistant through the state of Michigan acceptable.
Work experience: working as a dental assistant in a practice setting for at least 5 years. Previous experience in educational instruction is preferred.
Licensure: current dental professional license required (dentist, registered dental hygienist, or registered dental assistant may satisfy this requirement). Licensure not required for dental assistant applicants, but preferred.
Certification: Basic Life Support certified. Certified to take radiographs in the state of Michigan.
Pay: Commensurate with experience
- 32-40 hours a week.
- Monday through Thursday, potentially select Fridays.
- NO weekends, NO late nights!!!
Benefits: Available benefit package
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Apply now for our Dental Academy Instructor Position!!!